- Morning: Arrival at Queen Elizabeth National Park, check-in at your accommodation.
- Afternoon: Take a boat safari along the Kazinga Channel, spotting hippos, crocodiles, and a variety of bird species.
- Evening: Enjoy a sunset game drive, seeking out elephants, buffalos, and other wildlife.
- Morning: Embark on an early morning game drive in the Kasenyi plains, in search of lions, antelopes, and hyenas.
- Afternoon: Visit the Kyambura Gorge for a thrilling chimpanzee trekking experience.
- Evening: Relax and unwind at your accommodation, taking in the serene surroundings.
- Morning: Head to the Ishasha sector, famous for its tree-climbing lions. Enjoy a game drive and try to spot these unique creatures.
- Afternoon: Visit the Mweya Peninsula for a leisurely walk, taking in panoramic views of the park and the Rwenzori Mountains.
- Evening: Enjoy a cultural experience with a visit to a local community, learning about their traditions and customs.
Note: This itinerary can be customized based on your preferences and the availability of activities. It is advisable to book activities and accommodations in advance to ensure a smooth and enjoyable trip.
Use the form below to contact us and plan a memorable safari for you in Tanzania.
Reviews Made About Our Company in Google
Based on 27 reviews
Luis Eduardo Torres R.
12:29 27 Dec 19
Unbelievable experience! From planning and booking with Agnes, up to our last day, everything was great!Our driver, Jackson, was AMAZING! He definitely a big factor in making our experience so... unique.read more
21:27 17 Oct 19
Agnes of Mara Gates always responds within 24 hours regarding any of my inquiries. She made the process very easy and always accommodated changes to our itinerary. Ken our driver/guide is very... knowledgeable about animals and their behavior. Will definitely book another Safari trip with Mara Gates.!!!read more
21:43 14 Oct 19
Mara Gates provided us with an experience of a lifetime. The places that we visited were breathtakingly beautiful, the variety and number of animals and flora were spectacular. And our guide, Ken,... was so courteous, knowledgeable, and organized. The depth of his knowledge and explanations of animal behavior and the local environments was like traveling with a patient university professor of zoology, ornithology, and botany. Our lodging, food, and their support service staff were excellent. I give this company and its guide my highest recommendation. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.read more
20:46 10 Oct 19
We had a wonderful 9-day safari with Mara Gates. My husband found their website and came up with a custom-made itinerary, that Agnes gladly accommodated and made it even better. Communicating with... them was so easy because Agnes responds promptly. As soon as their office is open in Nairobi, they respond to our email inquiries quickly. We also met her at our hotel and we discussed the itinerary and she gave us pointers on what to expect during our trip. On the morning of the beginning of our safari, Ken our guide and driver promptly arrived and packed our van. Ken is a very intelligent, knowledgeable, wonderful person who gave us quick lessons on the different types of animals, birds, reptiles and also gave us lessons on their behavior. We would really like to go back and do another safari with Mara Gates, and most especially with Ken. Thank you so much for a wonderful trip!read more
09:55 07 Oct 19
our family booked a hot air balloon trip with Mara Gates. A very good driver collected us from our camp in a smart closed body Toyota Landcruiser. Our camp was nearly an hours drive from the balloon... site so it was a good commitment. Hot air ballooning is a must for visitors to the Mara. It's expensive but well worth it. We had a very competent pilot from Switzerland. The open air breakfast on the plains after we landed was also excellent. Then the same driver took us back home again. A great day out. Thanks Mara Gates.read more
02:36 03 Sep 19
We booked our African Safari trip with Mara Gates Safaris in May, '19. This was one of the best trips we have made so far and thanks to Mara Gates Safaris, it became the most memorable one. We... received all the help we needed starting from the booking until the end of the trip. Special thanks to our guide Ken who enlightened us so much about the nature and behavior of the animals in the wild and took us to some of the best viewing spots over the different parks.read more
A Google User
14:20 29 Aug 19
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our safari with Mara Gates. They were helpful from initial enquiries, through changes, to the final stop of getting us to the airport. The guide, hotels and meals... were all excellent. Our guide took great pains to ensure that we saw 'all' the animals and were able to take wonderful photos. We have great memories of this trip. At 84 and 72, we were comfortable all the way and felt well cared for. We would highly recommend this company and in fact we have to several friends. On another note, we had to cancel an earlier booking with this company because of an unexpected hospitalization. They were most kind and considerate and expeditiously handled refunds of our down-payment. Finally, from what I have seen, their prices are very good and certainly fall into the category of 'good value for the money'.read more
12:12 10 Dec 18
I had a wonderful experience with Mara Gates Safaris. I wanted a 5 day trip to the coastal town and they got me a very good safari. They are highly organized, excellent communicators- never once did... I not get my queries answered and very accommodating. Everything went exactly as scheduled and discussed. Ms. Agnes is easy to work with and a professional in her line of duty. First time with Mara Gates and I will definitely be using them.read more
Queen Elizabeth National Park in Uganda is special for several reasons:
- Remarkable Biodiversity: The park boasts a diverse ecosystem with a wide variety of wildlife, including elephants, lions, leopards, buffalos, hippos, and chimpanzees. It is home to over 600 bird species, making it a paradise for birdwatchers.
- Unique Landscapes: Queen Elizabeth National Park encompasses diverse landscapes, including savannas, wetlands, forests, and crater lakes. The dramatic backdrop of the Rwenzori Mountains adds to its scenic beauty.
- Tree-Climbing Lions: The Ishasha sector of the park is famous for its unique population of tree-climbing lions. This behavior is rare and provides a captivating sight for visitors.
- The Kazinga Channel: The park is bisected by the Kazinga Channel, a 32-kilometer long waterway connecting Lake George and Lake Edward. Taking a boat safari along the channel offers an opportunity to observe hippos, crocodiles, and a rich variety of birdlife.
- Primate Encounters: Queen Elizabeth National Park is known for its primate diversity, including chimpanzees and several monkey species. Visitors can engage in chimpanzee trekking in the Kyambura Gorge, providing a chance to observe these fascinating creatures up close.
- Cultural Heritage: The park is home to various local communities, such as the Bakiga, Banyankole, and Basongora. Interacting with these communities offers insights into their traditional lifestyles, cultural practices, and crafts.
- Conservation Efforts: Queen Elizabeth National Park is committed to conservation and sustainable tourism. It actively supports initiatives to protect and preserve the park’s wildlife and habitats, ensuring its long-term sustainability.
These factors collectively contribute to the uniqueness and appeal of Queen Elizabeth National Park, making it a must-visit destination for nature lovers, wildlife enthusiasts, and adventure seekers in Uganda.