Giraffe Manor Rates: The world famous Giraffe Manor is a boutique hotel that is set in twelves acres of private property that is within 140 acres of indigenous forest in the Langata suburb of Nairobi. Langata town is about from the city center
The story of Giraffe Manor starts way back in the early 70s, pricelsly in the year 1974 when a gentleman by the name of Jock Leslie-Melville, who was a grandson of a Scots earl with his Betty (the lady who started the African Fund for Endangered Wildlife (AFEW), bought the Manor.
They came up with this brilliant idea where they bought it 2 highly endangered baby Rothschild giraffe to the estate. The animals thrived and ever since have produced several further generations of giraffe.
Betty decided to open her Nairobi house, now called The Giraffe Manor, to visitors after the death of her husband Jocky.
The Giraffe Manor is the ONLY PLACE in the world where its guests have the chance to feed and take photographs with the giraffes over their breakfast table, at the front door or even from the bedroom window as a guest.
Giraffe Manor Accommodation
At Giraffe Manor there are
- 2 Superior Suites (Karen Blixen & Finch Hatton)
- 8 Superior Rooms (Betty, Daisy, Jock, Helen, Kelly,Arlene, Edd & Salma) and
- 2 Standard Rooms (Lynn & Marlon). I
An the Main Manor there is:
- 1 Superior Suite (Karen Blixen)
- 3 Superior Rooms (Betty, Jock & Daisy)
- 2 Standard Rooms (Lynn & Marlon).
In the Garden Manor there is
- 1 Superior Suite (Finch Hatton)
- 5 Superior Rooms (Helen, Kelly, Arlene, Edd & Salma).
The Garden Manor can only be booked when combining with another one of Manor properties.
MORE ABOUT THE ROOMS
Giraffe Manor Rates
Below are the Giraffe Manor rates when you book with us:-
- US$ 580 Per Person Sharing
- US$ 374 Per Child Sharing
- US$ 785 Single Room
- US$ 744 Per Person Sharing
- US$ 515 Per Child Sharing
- US$ 1062 Single Room
- US$ 2525 Minimum Room Rate (based on up to 2 adults & 2 children sharing)
- US$ 328 Additional 3rd Child Rate
- Children are ages 3 to 11 years inclusive. 12 years and over is an adult. 2 years and under is an infant. Infants stay FOC. There is only a child sharing rate in the Standard and Superior Rooms at Giraffe Manor – this rate is the same whether they share the room in one of the beds or whether they are in an extra bed. Extra beds do not always fit. If a child is to be allocated to a single room, the rate charged is the FULL single room rate.
- GIRAFFE MANOR RATES EXCLUDE Champagne, luxury spirits, selected wines, tips, health insurance, massage treatments and personal effects.
- GIRAFFE MANOR RATES INCLUDE Airport transfers, transportation around the Karen & Langata area (within the check-in and check-out times), all meals, house wines, house soft drinks, house beers, house spirits, laundry, wireless internet access, entrance to the AFEW Giraffe Centre, Orchid House dining, boules, croquet and VAT.
- CHECK IN – 11h00 onwards; CHECK OUT – By 10h00 on the day of departure, unless another room is booked & paid for as per the rates above.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT CHECK IN/CHECK OUT TIMES HAVE TO BE STRICTLY ADHERED TO DUE TO THE UNIQUE NATURE OF THE PROPERTY. IT DOES NOT HAVE A RECEPTION AREA OR RESTAURANT FOR GUESTS TO WAIT IN. IT IS STILL VERY MUCH LIKE A FAMILY HOME.
When To Go?
Anytime of the year is ok EXCEPT in May when its closed for maintainance.
- Enjoy full board accommodation which includes meals & many of their drinks (house wines, spirits, beers and soft drinks, excluding champagne and specially imported wines and spirits).
- Complimentary chauffeured vehicles are available for sightseeing, however guests may need to share vehicles depending on demand and availability.
- If you wish to host a wedding at Giraffe Manor the property has to be booked on an exclusive use basis for 3 consecutive nights.
- There is NO swimming pool at Giraffe Manor
- Due to high occupies and limited capacity Giraffe Manor do not offer external meals (breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner) to non-staying guests.
Things To Do
- Feed the giraffes during your stay at Giraffe Manor.
- Take a guided walk at the grounds
- Enjoy tea at the terraces as the sun sets
- Visit the famous Matbronze Art Gallery and Foundry, Kazuri Beads which sells locally-made jewellery
- Visit the Marula Studios innovative crafts complex
Interested in Reserving Your Booking at Giraffe Manor?
Use the form below to contact us and Agnes will get back to you ASAP and answer your questions related to the Giraffe Manor