Shibula lodge is located close to the best game viewing areas of the Welgevonden Game Reserve. The surroundings of Shibula lodge have a sizable population of leopards as well has hippo and cheetah.
Shibula lodge has bagged some prestigious awards including
- Named as “one of the top 10 most romantic destinations in South Africa” by Gateway Magazine
- “Pick of the Best Bush Lodges” by Elle Magazine
- “Elegant in the Bush” Five Star Accredited Lodge by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa
The 5 star Shibula Lodge and Bush Spa is a magnificent lodge and promises each guest a most unforgettable experience.
Accommodation & Facilities
- Enjoy 8 beautifully decorated luxurious suites
- The suites in this lodge are air conditioned
- Some of the suites are fitted with a jacuzzi
- Some of the suites here are specifically designed for families
- Each suite has its own separate toilet, a Victorian bath plus an inside and outside shower
- Private patio
- Satellite TV
- Wedding venue that is able to hold up to 20 people
- Mini bar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Wine cellar
- Bathrobes and hairdryer
- Complimentary toiletries
- Conference venue that can accommodate upto 20 delegates
- Wooden deck overlooking waterhole
- Curio shop
- Bush bar offering fabulous treatments
- Babysitting services
- Laundry services
- Swimming pool
- Shuttle services
The Royal Suite is ideal for families, and features an interleading lounge, private pool, and fireplace.
Dining at Shibula Lodge is a festive experience, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The dining experience includes formal, seated dinners in the main lodge dining room, romantic dinners in the wine cellar upon request, and starlit dinners in the outdoor dining boma.
During dinner, guests are entertained by the resident Shibula singers and dancers. Shibula Lodge’s wine cellar is stocked with an extensive selection of award-winning South African wines, to complement the fresh, South African inspired cuisine prepared by the chef.