Kenya has been voted the world’s leading safari destination by the World Travel Awards (WTA) in 2015.
This is the second time Kenya has received this prestigious global award. The last time Kenya won this award was back in 2013.
Other nominees who were contending for this award were:
- South Africa
- Kenya Airways was voted Africa’s leading airline in the business class, while the Port of Mombasa was named Africa’s leading cruise port.
- The Kenya Tourism Board won Africa’s leading tourist board award.
- Maasai Mara Game Reserve – Won Africa’s leading national park award
- Finch Hattons – Africa’s leading safari lodge award.
- Diani – Africa’s leading beach destination award
- Olanana Sanctuary – Africa’s leading eco-lodge
- Diani Reef Beach Resort& Spa – Africa’s leading spa resort
- Gamewatchers Safaris & Porini Camps – Leading tented safari camp award.
Muriithi Ndegwa, Managing Director, Kenya Tourism Board
Dr. Ibrahim Mohammed, Principle Secretary Department of Commerce and Tourism, Kenya Tourism Board
Muriithi Ndegwa – Managing Director – Kenya Tourism Board